Open my Australian bank account for free
- Completely free for the 12 first months
- Opening in 5 minutes clicking on “Open my account”
- This WESTPAC bank account (Australia’s 1st bank) is made for Expats! Free withdrawal with some international banks, simplified international transfers…
Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Opening an Australian bank account before your departure allows you to save your time transferring your funds to your Australian account before your departure and avoid you all the administrative tasks. Besides, it’s free for expats. We have chosen Westpac for your bank accounts in Australia:
- Westpac is Australia’s 1st bank, with more than 3,000 ATM across the country and 50,000 ATM available via their partners. You’ll be sure to find a Westpac ATM wherever you go!
- Westpac’s mobile app is very convenient. You can check your savings and credit account at any time and make transfers in a couple of minutes!
- Westpac has a partnership with French bank BNP Paribas and a lot of other international banks (Bank of America, Barclays, Deutsche Bank…). It allows BNP (and other banks) customers to be free from bank charges when withdrawing at an ATM. You can then make a cash deposit just after and enjoy free international transfers.
For any further information, check our guide!
1. Click on “Open my account” to get to Westpac bank website.
2. Click on Get Started.
3. The process to open a bank account is very simple and only takes 5 minutes.
Once you have filled in the online form, Westpac will send you an email as a confirmation of the opening of your account and will give you all the identifiers within 5 to 15 days. Then, you will receive all the documents to your current address.
As soon as you get the identifiers you can call Westpac’s hotline (+61) 2 9293 9270 in order to active your account online. The activation is immediate.
It’s free and it’s easy ! Enjoy your stay in Australia and don’t hesitate to contact Australiance Expat team in Australia to get more advice for your expatriation.