Australiance Coronavirus Policy
This is the COVID-19 policy for Australiance Talent and Pacific Media Consulting Group staff and is effective from 16 March 2020
The Australiance offices will be closed to visitors from Wednesday 18 March and the team will be encouraged to be Working from Home (WFH) until further notice. If it is difficult for you to work from home, please let our CEO ([email protected]) and/or your direct manager know and we will help make arrangements for you. If you are coming to Tank Stream Labs, we highly recommend avoiding public transport and consider walking/riding/driving where possible.
- All business travel is now banned, both international and domestic.
Work from Home (WFH)
- Please WFH if you have one of the “WFH Reasons” listed below.
- If you are working from home, please let HR know and check in on Slack each day.
- If you are feeling sick, then take it easy and get better. Don’t worry about work.
- If you are well, then working from home is easy for most people at Australiance. If there is anything you need to help you WFH better, then let us know.
- If you’re working from home, make sure you stay healthy. Eat well, get some exercise (ideally 2×30 minutes per day – if you want some extra motivation and guidance to stretch, run or ride download this great free App: https://www.decathloncoach.com/en/home/ ) and normal amounts of sleep.
- Sickness: If you feel sick don’t come to work. Please be extra cautious and if in doubt, stay at home and seek medical advice. Please stay at home for 2 days after fully recovering from any cold-and flu-like symptoms. If you do have cold-and-flu-like symptoms we strongly advise you to be tested for COVID-19.
- COVID-19: If you are tested as positive for COVID-19, remain isolated until you are given the all-clear form health authorities, which usually includes a negative test.
- Contact: If you have been in any contact with someone who has COVID-19, please WFH for 14 days from that contact.
- Potential Contact: If you live with or have close contact with someone who is at risk of having COVID-19, particularly if they have cold-and-flu-like symptoms, please WFH for 14 days or until you or that person is tested negative. At risk includes:
- Someone who has travelled internationally from a High Risk Country
- Someone who has cold-and-flu-like symptoms, especially if they have travelled internationally
- International Travel: If you have travelled internationally, please WFH for two weeks upon your return.
- Please limit face-to-face meetings. Where possible, please consider having the meeting over video conference.
- Do not meet face-to-face with people arriving from High Risk Countries within the last 14 days. Especially, do not invite them to the office.
- Consider whether it is necessary to go to any events.
- Do not go to any large events for work where there are greater than 100 people.
- Do not organise or run any Australiance / Startup&Angels / B2B Rocks in-person events (this may mean postponing events already organised).
- If possible turn the event into a webinar, podcast or blog.
- It is your call whether to travel for holidays, but please reconsider all international travel.
- Please let the HR manager know if you are travelling to any of the at risk places.
- Please take into account that you will need to WFH for two weeks on your return after any international travel.
At risk people
- If you have close family/friends or people you live with who are at risk, you should be particularly careful.
- If you are worried about Coronavirus or any activities in the office, let us know and we are happy for you WFH.
Office Hygiene and Health
- There is some evidence suggesting the virus may stick around for at least a few hours, if not more, on surfaces. We will be providing antiseptic hand wash at all offices. Please use this regularly, especially when arriving at the office.
- We will have disinfectant wipes at all offices – please wipe surfaces regularly.
- We encourage you to wipe your phone down on a regular basis.
- We encourage you to have a flu vaccine. Although it won’t protect against COVID-19, being healthy helps you avoid serious instances of COVID-19.
- For up-to-date information on the Australian Government’s response to COVID-19 visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
- Minimise all travel as much as possible.
- Please tell the HR manager of travel plans so that we can monitor them
This plan was adapted from Blackbird/Startmate policy shared on 16 March– a big thanks for their initiative and support to all startup founders through this difficult time