The rapid outbreak of the coronavirus presents an alarming health crisis that the world is grappling with. In addition to the human impact, there is also a significant impact for businesses being felt globally. As viruses know no borders, the impacts will continue to spread worldwide, and international businesses have to face new challenges every day.
As Event is an important part of Australiance’s activity, we measure perfectly the impact that can have this crisis on businesses. To help you understand global exposure to COVID-19, and more importantly, position your business to be resilient in the face of this and the next global threat, we decided to run a new event series every week: Online panel discussion.
For our first edition last week (Thursday 9th April), we had the chance to get tips and advice from 4 amazing experts:
Because businesses that invest in strategic, operational and financial resilience to emerging global risks will be better positioned to respond and recover, we’re happy to provide a quick summary of this panel discussion in case you missed the event!
- During this crisis, we clearly see some losers and winners: A few trends that thrive: e-commerce, mobile gaming, online education, are fundamentally changing and becoming huge opportunities.
- Lessons learned from SARS epidemic a few years ago: the crisis has accelerated the trend to go digital especially digital payment. For example in China, over 90% of the population are now using digital payment
- Online payment is accelerating. A lot of companies will be rethinking their costs through those new tools.
- Consumer behavior has changed. People are becoming comfortable with buying online, learning online, working online, etc.
- Innovation is coming: We are able to drive engagement online and that gives us new ways of working and living.
Perfect timing to review your strategy Cost perspective, tips on managing my cash flow
- Now is the perfect time to have some strategic thinking on both digital marketing and global expansion. Don’t wait to get your strategy ready! Finalise your value proposition and find a great angle to be different from others.
- Going digital (through a great online strategy), is an amazing asset to global expansion.
Cost perspective, tips on managing my cash flow
- Buy low sell high: great time to look at merges and acquisitions. If you’re siting on any cash or liquid currency, now is the opportunity to put it to work.
- How to drive efficiency from a cost perspective? Use the cloud! Airwallex, Salesforce, Aircall. Adopt new technologies and get more efficient.
- Massive opportunities to transform the way your team works (Slack, Trello)! Use tools to manage your team for a better outcome.
If you need more support during these extraordinary times, you’ll find here a special Crisis Support Package to keep your business on track and develop a winning strategy. This blog can also be very useful. Thanks Cynthia!
And because we know you’re really sad to have missed this amazing event, we are organizing a other panel discussion this week (Thursday, April 16th). Go and check it out!