Full Stack Engineer
Fintech startup for a 6-month internship in Sydney
Start date: February 2019
Unique opportunity for a 6-month internship as Full Stack Engineer Intern in Australia’s fastest growing Fintech startup.
Australiance is currently looking for a 6-month intern for Australia’s fastest growing Fintech startup. This startup is revolutionising the industry with a best-in-class technology platform and suite of tools that take the hard work out of home loans – for their Customers and Brokers alike. Due to growth, they are seeking a rigorous and skilled intern to support their market-leading engineer Team.
1. Company description
- Industry: Fintech startup, Financial Services
- Product/Service: Home loans
- Target Market: Customers and brokers
- Office Location: Sydney CBD
As a Full Stack Engineer Intern, your main responsibilities will be to assist and support in:
- Creating new, scalable solutions for customer and business problems implementing a deep understanding of system design
- Improving the lending process and customer experience with cutting edge web technologies
- Participating in the building and evolution of our current platform
3. Applicant profile and competencies/technical skills
- Driven & motivated
- High levels of commercial acumen, communication skills & proactive in identifying areas for improvement
- Detail oriented and craving for challenges
- Well-developed analytical skills
Competencies, technical skills & experience:
- Experience across the full stack (Node, Express, React, Redux, Webpack, Jest, Postgres)
- Good grasp of basic user experience principles and how to apply technology solutions to enhance UX
- Length: 6 months
- Start date: Beginning of January 2019
Monthly internship allowance of AU$1,000 to cover your relocation expenses (flight, Working holiday visa, accommodation, health insurance, food, transport etc.)
Our Australiance Team will assist you with the relocation process to ensure you have a smooth arrival in Sydney before your internship starts.
This is a chance to join an industry-leading marketing and tech business that will be (again) doubling the size of the operation over the next 12-18 months, and exponential growth thereafter as we continue to expand.
As a forward-thinking, entrepreneurial Fintech, they love what they do, and want to take people like you on the journey.
6. How to apply
- Fill in our application form with the reference “Full Stack Engineer Intern”. Please include an Australian resume and a Cover Letter
- We will then review your resume and cover letter and assess it against other applicants
- We will contact you to set up a face-to-face (or Skype) interview
- If successful, you will be asked to provide us with two referees (name and email address) – ideally one academic referee and one professional referee if applicable – for us to conduct a reference check
- Finally, we will liaise with your school/university to sign an internship agreement
- We will assist you to come to Sydney so you can experience the services we offer to young professionals.