Internship in Sydney – Junior Business Analyst
6-month internship in Sydney
Start Date: March 2019
Unique opportunity for a 6-month internship as Junior Business Analyst in Australia’s fastest growing Fintech startup
Australiance is currently looking for a 6-month intern for Australia’s fastest growing Fintech startup. This startup is revolutionising the industry with a best-in-class technology platform and suite of tools that take the hard work out of home loans – for their Customers and Brokers alike. Due to growth, they are seeking a rigorous and versatile intern to support their Operations and IT Support Teams.
A. Company description
- Type of company: Fintech startup, Financial services
- Product/service: Home loans
- Target market: Customers and brokers
- Office location: Sydney CBD (less than 200 meters from Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge)
B. Responsibilities and missions
The Junior Business Analyst will undertake an end to end role that will include Business Process documentation and improvements as well as testing new functionality for Customers and Brokers. Then intern will work in a dynamic project environment following an agile methodology using our world class CRM SalesForce.
This versatile role will include:
- Understanding and reverse engineered banks’ financial modelling for loan assessment.
- Design and document the code logic for new builds to be able to reproduce the banks’ financial modelling in our own IT infrastructure.
- Documenting business processes in Confluence and Wiki (a world-class IT project management software) and collaborate with users for more effective resolution processes
- Organising interviews and workshops with IT developers, Sales and Marketing teams to better understand the operations and business processes;
- Assisting the marketing team and the team in charge of the user experience (UX) to attract more clients and enhance the customer journey
- Testing the new functionalities developed for Customers and Brokers; ensure that they meet requirements and propose improvements to enhance Customers’ experience and Brokers’ productivity
- Assisting the IT Support team responding to technological enquiries
C. Applicant profile and competencies/technical skills
The applicant should be extrovert, curious and autonomous! You’ll be a team worker who enjoys working in a nimble, smaller project team that is very delivery focused. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent level of English
- Willing to learn, craving for challenges
- Well-developed analytical and organisational skills
- Detail oriented
- Great interest in the digital world and new technology
- Understanding of algorithm logic, database and object-oriented programming logic
- Excellent Excel skills (VlookUp, if formulae etc.)
- Bonus: understanding of project management frameworks (AGILE preferred) and experience in implementing new system in an association or past work experience
- Length: 6 months
- Start date: March 2019
- Monthly internship allowance of AU$1,000 to cover your relocation expenses (flight, Working holiday visa, accommodation, health insurance, food, transport etc.)
- Our Australiance Team will assist you with the relocation process to ensure you have a smooth arrival in Sydney before your internship starts.
This is a chance to join an industry-leading marketing and tech business that will be (again) doubling the size of the operation over the next 12-18 months, and exponential growth thereafter as we continue to expand.
As a forward-thinking, entrepreneurial Fintech, they love what they do, and want to take people like you on the journey.
F. How to apply
- Fill in our application form and precise the job reference “Business Analyst Fintech”. Please include an Australian resume and a Cover Letter
- We will then review your resume and cover letter and assess it against other applicants
- We will contact you to set up a face-to-face (or Skype) interview
- If successful, you will be asked to provide us with two referees (name and email address) – ideally one academic referee and one professional referee if applicable – for us to conduct a reference check
- Finally, we will liaise with your school/university to sign an internship agreement
- We will assist you to come to Sydney so you can experience the services we offer to young professionals.