Internship in Sydney: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
For a start-up in the high end wine and spirits industry
Starting Date: Mid January 2019
If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field then join our client and become part of developing a fantastic champion in the alcohol industry. You can really make an impact and make a difference every single day!
Our client is an innovative start up in the wine and spirits industry.
Their vision is to enrich alcohol brand choices for consumers and bring greater value to customers: authenticity, elegance and a great story.
Industry/Product: Wine & Spirits – Luxury Brands
Office Location: Sydney (Paddington)
2. Responsibilities and missions:
This is a cross functional position where intern will have the opportunity to develop strong skills in brand building, analysis, activation and marketing. The mission is to participate in the development of an innovative and dynamic start-up in the Wine and Spirits Industry throughout Australia.
The Marketing intern will work closely with Directors, Sales team and Marketing Lead to support them in their daily operations. This will include:
- Production and management of effective POS material and sales tools.
- Management of the day to day interface between the sales team and the brand team.
- Ongoing research and analysis into the ANZ market to identify future activations and collaborations
- Identify, track and manage ongoing market activations with sales team
- Create trusted partnership with sales team
- Understand and become a subject matter expert on Australian alcohol sector
- Support tasting programs for key off trade accounts Creativity:
- Help develop sales and training materials.
- Help create effective POS that creates impact, impulse and reflects brand strategy.
- Develop an expert knowledge of competitive market activity.
- Generate consumer insights and advise Directors on sales and marketing opportunities.
- Participate in brand planning process, including building and managing activity calendars.
- Run monthly sales and marketing reports to communicate to brand owners.
- Support brand activities in regards to:
o Budgets and A&P,
o POS shipments
o Stock management
- Manage effectively any third-party agencies.
- Liaise with operations and logistics team and sales.
- Support team in identifying new events and collaborations e.g. ticketed events, sponsorships, festivals.
- Support coordination logistics, POS and requirements for events
- Ownership of end to end planning and running of smaller events
- Attend events e.g. Launch parties, festivals to support set up and success of the event
3. Profile and skills:
We are seeking a young and dynamic individual willing to invest their personal motivation in a great entrepreneurial adventure.
- Education: Graduate School of Management / Business School, Major Sales or Marketing – Ideally gap year or recently graduated.
- Languages: English – The candidate will have ideally completed an exchange program for at least 6 months.
- Skills: If there is no previous experience, it will be expected that the candidate will have read information about the Beverage & Alcohol Industry. Strong business/commercial acumen. Proven communication and influencing skills. Candidates need to be comfortable within the luxury brand industry. Need to be able to adapt their presentation style to fit their audience. Should have excellent oral communication in English.
- Competencies: Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Developing Direct Reports, Dealing with Ambiguity, Innovation Management, Integrity & Trust, Managerial Courage, Planning, Priority Setting, Drive for Results
4. Benefits and legths
Remuneration: Volunteer internship
Duration: 6 months (minimum of 4 days a week)
5. How to apply
- Fill in our application form and precise the job reference “Logistics & Supply Chain 1118”
- We will then review your resume and cover letter and assess it against other applicants
We will contact you to set up a face-to-face (or Skype) interview.
- If successful, you will be asked to provide us with two referees (name and email address) – ideally one academic referee and one professional referee if applicable – for us to conduct a reference check.
- Finally, we will liaise with your school/university to sign an internship agreement
- We will assist you to come to Sydney so you can experience the services we offer to young professionals.