1. Company description
Australiance is a Sydney-based start-up founded in 2010 with four activities:
- Consulting solutions for international companies interested to start or grow their
footprint in Australia
- Recruitment services for companies based in Australia looking for interns or permanent
- A one-stop-shop for international professionals willing to start or continue their career
- Organization of startup networking events (StartupAndAngels.com) and B2B
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced intern majoring in Marketing,
Communication or Event Management to manage the organization of our B2B events series
in the APAC region, as well as supporting our B2B Business Development.
Reporting to the founder and CEO and supported by a small team to manage, you are in
charge of organizing the events for our community in the B2B space (series of B2B Rocks
and Start-up & Angels) and supporting the growth in the B2B consulting activities.
With the guidance and assistance of the management, your key missions are:
- Organize the next edition of B2B Rocks (B2BRocks.co/Sydney), a leading B2B
conference gathering B2B and SaaS startups in Sydney. You will be assisted by another
intern. As event manager, you will be in charge of managing existing partners, identifying
and confirming new sponsors & speakers, managing the communication and media
relationships, building & following up the event budgets, as well as orchestrating the
operational day to day organization with all stakeholders (including attendees).
- Organize several editions of Startup & Angels series in the APAC region
(StartupAndAngels.com) by finding new speakers, sponsors and partners while driving
attendee traffic with strong communication plan.
- Support the B2B Business Development of Australiance by identifying new prospects,
assisting the management in building proposals and as required support the
implementation of consulting solutions for these clients.
3. Applicant Profile
- You are currently studying in a business or communication/event management
school/university and want to perform an internship in Sydney.
- You have a first successful professional experience and you have acquired academic
knowledge in event organization, communication and B2B business development, and
want to apply what you learned during an internship in a dynamic start-up.
4. Key requirements
- You have a can-do attitude, combining strategic thinking and hands on approach.
- You have a strong business acumen and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment, feeling comfortable with interacting with people at any level.
- You are a fast learner and proactive in your work.
- You are a self-driven, autonomous, curious and energetic student with strong
stakeholder management and communication skills and a first experience in
project and people management.
- You also have fluent writing and speaking level in at least French and English and
excellent project management skills.
- Languages: English: Fluent – French/Spanish/Italian/German: a strong plus.
- IT: Office suite, MailChimp, WordPress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Skills in
SEO, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) and iMovie (or alternate video production
- Length: 6 months preferred
- Start date : July 2019
- Monthly Allowance: 250AUD
7. How to apply
1. Fill in our application form and with the reference “EM 0319”
2. We will then review your resume and cover letter and assess it against other
3. We will contact you to set up a face-to-face (or Skype) interview
4. If successful, you will be asked to provide us with two referees (name and email
address) – ideally one academic referee and one professional referee if applicable –
for us to conduct a reference check
5. Finally, we will liaise with your school/university to sign an internship agreement
6. We will assist you to come to Sydney so you can experience the services we offer to