International Business Development Intern
Starting date: July 2019
6 month internship based in Sydney
1) Company description
Australiance is a Sydney-based start-up founded in 2010 with four activities:
- Consulting solutions for international companies interested to start or grow their
footprint in Australia
- Recruitment services for companies based in Australia looking for interns or permanent
- A one-stop-shop for international professionals willing to start or continue their career
- Organization of startup networking events (StartupAndAngels.com) and B2B
To help growing business-consulting activities (market research, business development,
implementation planning, business set up, temporary management), we are looking for an
intern from a Business or Engineering School to take on the role of our International
Business Development Intern.
In a start-up environment, you will be working on current projects (Australiance, BookAngkorTukTuk.com, laFrenchTech.com.au etc.) and supporting the Event Manager with the Sponsors/Partners Community of our events.
You’ll be helping with the management of our customers, partners and contributing to our
digital content to ensure high-degree of customer satisfaction, growing our sales, online
presence and international customer base.
Reporting directly to the founder, you will be in charge of:
- Liaising with companies which plan to settle in one of the countries we work in
– Finding new prospects
– Assisting Australiance’s CEO to propose and implement consulting solutions for these companies
- Assisting the CEO in managing the client portfolio and leading strategic initiatives
(business models, product development, competitors’ analysis): face to face meeting with clients, participating in fairs, finding prospects, organizing calls, creating strategies to reach more clients, updating the client database
- You will be looking for new partnerships for our B2B events in support to the Event Manager using growth-hacking and meeting with new prospects.
- Dealing with the social media and web-marketing of the four websites: write engaging
content, improve visibility and find new strategies to reach more people
- Participating in the management of the different websites’ content -testimonials, videos,
- BookAngkorTukTuk is an online platform that allows customers to book TukTuk to visit
Angkor temples in Siem Reap
- La FrenchTech is a platform gathering French companies in the Tech industry to support them developing their activities in Australia
3) Applicant Profile
- You are currently studying in a business school/university and want to perform an
internship up to 6 months in Sydney.
- You have acquired academic knowledge in business development, sales and market
research and want to apply what you learned during an internship in a dynamic startup.
4) Key requirements
- Being an entrepreneur with a can-do attitude is a must.
- You must also have good graphic design, writing and editing skills in at least two
languages and project management skills.
- You are autonomous, organized and a self-driven, curious and energetic student with
strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- You must like new challenges and be a fast learner with knowledge in editorial habits.
- You must be able to take direction and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Languages: English: Fluent – French/Spanish/Italian/German: a strength
- IT: Office suite Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Some experience in Google analytics, Photoshop, MailChimp and WordPress is a
- Length: 6 months preferred
- Start date : July 2019
- Monthly Allowance: 250 AUD
7) How to apply
- Fill in our application form and with the reference “IBD 0419”
2. We will then review your resume and cover letter and assess it against other
3. We will contact you to set up a face-to-face (or Skype) interview
4. If successful, you will be asked to provide us with two referees (name and email
address) – ideally one academic referee and one professional referee if applicable –
for us to conduct a reference check
5. Finally, we will liaise with your school/university to sign an internship agreement
6. We will assist you to come to Sydney so you can experience the services we offer to