Project Management & B2B Business Development Intern
Starting July 2019
6 month internship based in Sydney
1. Company description
Australiance is a Sydney-based start-up founded in 2010 with four activities:
- Consulting solutions for international companies interested to start or grow their
footprint in Australia
- Recruitment services for companies based in Australia looking for interns or permanent
- A one-stop-shop for international professionals willing to start or continue their career
- Organization of startup networking events (StartupAndAngels.com) and B2B
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced intern majoring in Project Management, Business Development or Consulting,
to manage the organization of our B2B consulting activities and events series
in the APAC region.
Reporting to the founder and CEO and supported by a small team to manage, you are in charge of supporting the growth in the B2B consulting activities and in charge of organizing the events for our community in the B2B space (series Startup&Angels).
With the guidance and assistance of the management, your key missions are:
- Support the B2B Business Development of Australiance by identifying new prospects, assisting the management in building proposals and as required support the implementation of consulting solutions for these clients.
- Organize several editions of our B2B events in the APAC region
(Startup&Angels.com) by finding new speakers, sponsors and partners while driving
attendee traffic with strong communication plan. Conduct post-event analytics and take actions.
3. Applicant Profile
- You are currently studying in a business or engineer
school/university and want to perform an internship in Sydney.
- You have a first successful professional experience and you have acquired academic
knowledge in project Management, event organization, communication and B2B business development, and want to apply what you learned during an internship in a dynamic start-up.
4. Key requirements
- You have a can-do attitude, combining strategic thinking and hands on approach.
- You have a strong business acumen and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment, feeling comfortable with interacting with people at any level.
- You are a fast learner and proactive in your work.
- You are a self-driven, autonomous, curious and energetic student with strong
stakeholder management and communication skills and a first experience in
project and people management.
- You also have fluent writing and speaking level in at least French and English and
excellent project management skills.
- Languages: English: Fluent – French/Spanish/Italian/German: a strong plus.
- IT: Office suite, MailChimp, WordPress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Skills in
SEO, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) and iMovie (or alternate video production
- Length: 6 months preferred
- Start date : July 2019
Unpaid internship with the following benefits:
- Monthly allowance to cover some expenses (amount to be defined according to experience level)
- Number of days off according to duration of internship
- Invitations to business events
- Regular team activities (including breakfast and drinks on Fridays)
7. How to apply
1. Fill in our application form and with the reference “PM 0619”
2. We will then review your resume and cover letter and assess it against other
3. We will contact you to set up a face-to-face (or Skype) interview
4. If successful, you will be asked to provide us with two referees (name and email
address) – ideally one academic referee and one professional referee if applicable –
for us to conduct a reference check
5. Finally, we will liaise with your school/university to sign an internship agreement
6. We will assist you to come to Sydney so you can experience the services we offer to