for an Automotive & Property ads startup
Looking for a Web Developer intern (6 months) in Sydney
Start Date: July 2019/August 2019
Australiance Talent, the recruiting arm of Australiance is assisting its Australian and international clients to source and hire permanent and internship positions.
1. Company description
Sector: Online Classifieds & Marketplaces in Emerging Markets.
The Company is a progressive Digital Venture Builder of online marketplaces in emerging and early stage markets providing locals to buy, sell and rent property, automotive and adjacent services and products.
The Company has a unique online domain expertise and substantial track record in accessing the unprecedented online opportunity in the 2 billion people African, Asian and Latin American early stage emerging markets.
Office Location: Sydney CBD
Your main responsibilities will be to assist and support in:
- Reporting to the company’s COO and working with overseas tech team, you will develop new features or enhance existing ones to always deliver more value and better technology / services to the company’s customers.
- You will work with different development tools, languages and frameworks including ruby on rails, wordpress.
- This is an opportunity to gain work experience in an international development team and understand how an online marketplace company and venture builder operates and develops its applications.
- You will be maintaining the platforms everyday operation as well as development efforts by every day following and pushing the tasks through the Trello application together with the dev team in Sydney and overseas.
- You will be managing the relationships with the overseas tech team and identifying and prioritizing dev task and daily operational maintenance of the platforms.
- Manage the websites (update, use of new apps/plugins, performance etc.)
3. Applicant Profile and Competencies/Technical Skills
- Computer science degree or at the end of a degree
- Autonomous, able to work independently and not scared to work by her/himself
- Ability to prioritize, take initiatives
- Entrepreneur spirit, curious, open-minded and fast-learner
- Previous tech development and project management, start-up or association
experience will be much appreciated.
- Excellent skills of software development and data analytics.
- Able to establish and follow weekly and monthly dashboards and reporting
- English: very good
- Other language good. Spanish, French, Russian
- Length: 6 months preferred
- Start date: July/August 2019
The monthly Allowance will be according to the experience level
6. How to apply
1. Fill in our application form.
2. We will then review your resume and cover letter and assess it against other
3. We will contact you to set up a face-to-face (or Skype) interview
4. If successful, you will be asked to provide us with two referees (name and email
address) – ideally one academic referee and one professional referee if applicable –
for us to conduct a reference check
5. Finally, we will liaise with your school/university to sign an internship agreement
6. We will assist you to come to Sydney so you can experience the services we offer to