Head of Strategy
For a leading Australian Drinks Retail Group
Permanent position – Based in Sydney
Start Date: ASAP
Australiance is looking for the Head of Strategy with 9+ years experience in a Top Tier Strategy Consulting firm and retail sector, for one of our clients – a leading Australian Drinks Retailer. Feel free to apply if you are interested in this opportunity!
1. Company description
As Australia’s leading drinks retailer, our client has identified a number of ambitious strategic initiatives that will deliver the next phase of growth over the next 3 years. In this fast growing and dynamic context, they are looking for their Head of Strategy.
Reporting into the General Manager – Strategy, Customer Transformation and Insights (ExCo level) and managing a team of 5-8 high performing strategy members (ex top tier consultants), your main responsibilities will be to:
- Establish the company’s 3-year strategy and evolve it bi-annually
- Lead a portfolio of strategy & transformation initiatives
- Support a portfolio of M&A initiatives, in coordination with the Group’s M&A Team and / or external agencies
- Support strategy Group activities, including preparation of ExCo and Board and Delivery Offices strategy updates
- Provide strategic thought leadership to the firm leadership teams
- Manage relationship with large number of key stakeholders including: ExCo members, Brands Management teams, Head of Insights, Head of Transformation, the Group strategy and M&A teams, external consultancies, etc.
3. Applicant Profile and Competencies/Technical Skills
- 9+ years experience in a top tier strategy consultancy
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements; top tier MBA preferred
- Deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, project and change management
- Experience in M&A
- Exceptional ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leadership team
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development skills
- Organised and structured, able to coordinate multiple streams of work in parallel
- Driven & dynamic, pushes the boundaries and goes beyond the obvious
- Retail / consumer market experience
- Result-oriented, positive work ethic, collaborative and people-oriented mindset
- Interest for wine & drinks is a plus
4. How to apply
- Fill in our application form, and precise the reference, which is “Head of Strategy 0918″.
- We will get back to you in under 24 hours (weekends excluded).