for a leading Australian Retail Group
– Start: ASAP –
Australiance is looking for a Strategy Associate for a leading Australian Retail Group. Do not hesitate to apply if you are interested in this opportunity!
- An opportunity to make a visible difference to a ~A$60b business, developing the most critical strategic initiatives for one of the largest retail Business in Australia.
- Unique chance for non-Australian to relocate to one of the most livable city in the world with great work-life balance and an attractive remuneration package
- Join an experienced team with strong mentorship and development
- Strong career progression opportunities within strategy or into line management
Opportunity at Associate level for Junior Consultants of Top Tier Consulting firms with 2 years of experience.
A. Company description
As Australia’s biggest retail group, our client has the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. With recent expansion into financial services and award-winning multichannel initiatives, their innovations and customer obsessions are changing the face of Australian retail.
B. Responsibilities and missions
The corporate strategy team’s primary mandate is to develop high quality strategic initiatives for their businesses, or across the portfolio. They focus on areas which are outside « day job » and require additional resources to help think bigger, faster, better.
As a Strategy Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Leading projects from strategy definition to planning and execution
- Structuring problems and defining the plans of action to solve them
- Stakeholder management and reporting, including strong advisory relationships with senior and peers
- Reporting to Strategy Manager or Senior managers and divisional team members
C. Applicant profile and competences/technical skills
- 2+ years in top tier consulting background for the Strategy Associate
- A passion for working with people (enthusiast team member)
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements
- Demonstrated deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, project and change management
- Superb written and oral communication and an ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with middle and senior management stakeholders
- Leadership abilities and the ability to work well in a team in pressured situations
- Former consumer market and/or retail experience is an advantage
- Demonstrated structured problem solving and analytic skills
Full time position available as soon as possible.
Opportunities of visa sponsorship and relocation package for non Australian residents
- An attractive remuneration package plus benefits including staff discount, onsite fitness centre, and a staff share plan
- Mentorship and training via formal strategy training and strong on-the-job mentorship from our experienced strategy team
- An exciting career with opportunity to progress into line management or corporate/divisional strategy management roles
F. How to apply
- Fill in our application form with the reference “Strategy Associate Retail 0718″.
- We will get back to you in under 24 hours (weekends excluded).