Australiance is looking for a Strategy Manager for a leading Australian Retail Group.
- An opportunity to make a visible difference to a ~A$35b business, developing the most
critical strategic initiatives for one of the largest retail Business in Australia.
- Unique chance for non-Australian to relocate to one of the most livable city in the world
with great work-life balance and an attractive remuneration package
- Join an experienced team with strong mentorship and development
- Strong career progression opportunities within strategy or into line management
Opportunities at Manager levels for Junior and Senior Consultants and Managers of Top
Tier Consulting firms with 5+ years’ experience
1. Company description
As Australia’s biggest retail group, our client has the most trusted food, liquor and
general merchandise brands. With recent expansion into financial services and award-
winning multichannel initiatives, their innovations and customer obsessions are changing
the face of Australian retail.
2. Responsibilities and missions
The corporate strategy team’s primary mandate is to develop high-quality strategic
initiatives for their businesses, or across the portfolio. They focus on areas which are
outside « day job » and require additional resources to help think bigger, faster, better.
As a Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading projects from strategy definition to planning and execution
- Structuring problems and defining the plans of action to solve them
- Stakeholder management and reporting, including strong advisory relationships with senior
- Divisional leaders
- Leading Associates / Analysts and divisional team members
3. Applicant profile and competences/technical skills
- 5+ years in top-tier consulting background
- A passion for working with people (enthusiast team member)
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements
- Demonstrated deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and
frameworks, project and change management
- Demonstrated structured problem solving and analytic skills
- Superb written and oral communication and an ability to establish and maintain strong
relationships with middle and senior management stakeholders
- Leadership abilities and the ability to work well in a team in pressured situations
- Former consumer market and/or retail experience is an advantage
Full time position available as soon as possible.
Opportunities for visa sponsorship and relocation package for non-Australian residents
- An attractive remuneration package plus benefits including staff discount, onsite fitness
centre, and a staff share plan
- Mentorship and training via formal strategy training and strong on-the-job mentorship
from our experienced strategy team
- An exciting career with the opportunity to progress into line management or
corporate/divisional strategy management roles
6. How to apply
1. Fill in our application form with the reference “Strategy Manager Retail 0419″.
2. We will get back to you in under 24 hours (weekends excluded).