Senior Strategy Manager
for a leading Australian Retail Group
Australiance is looking for a Senior Strategy Manager for a leading Australian Retail Group. Do not hesitate to apply if you are interested in these opportunities!
- An opportunity to make a visible difference to a ~A$60b business, developing and executing the most critical strategic initiatives within divisions and across the portfolio
- 5+ years business experience, degree qualified, MBA an advantage
- 2+ years of management of teams on critical strategy projects, within a top tier strategy consulting or in-house strategy team experience essential
- Join an experienced team with strong mentorship and development
- Strong career progression opportunities within strategy or into line management
A. Company description
As Australia’s biggest retail group, our client has the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. With recent expansion into financial services and award-winning multichannel initiatives, their innovations and customer obsessions are changing the face of Australian retail.
The corporate strategy team’s primary mandate is to develop high-quality strategic initiatives for their businesses, or across the portfolio. They focus on areas which are outside « day job » and require additional resources to help think bigger, faster, better.
As a Senior Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Structuring problems and defining the plans of action to solve them
- Stakeholder management and reporting, including building strong advisory relationships with senior Divisional leaders
- Leading teams of Strategy Associates / Managers / Analysts and divisional team members from strategy definition to planning and execution
C. Applicant Profile and Competencies/Technical Skills
- A passion for working with people
- 2+ years experience in a top tier strategy consultancy, investment bank or corporate strategy team & 5+ years of business experience
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements; top tier MBA an advantage
- Demonstrated deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, project and change management
- Demonstrated ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management
- Superb written and oral communication and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with middle and senior management stakeholders
- Leadership capabilities and the ability to work well in a team in pressured situations
- Consumer market experience is essential, retail experience is an advantage
- Demonstrate effective problem solving capabilities and project management skills by overseeing the progress of multiple projects to build and deliver the strategy
- Inject strategic and innovative thinking into the business issues that the business faces
- Focus on stakeholder engagement and relationship building through a clearly defined engagement process and ensure strategic initiatives are implemented
- Work in joint teams and provide active guidance in the course of key specific strategic projects while providing feedback to team members and coaching team members to achieve their career development needs
- Full time position available as soon as possible
- Opportunities for visa sponsorship and relocation package for non-Australian residents
- An attractive remuneration package plus benefits including staff discount, incentive scheme, free parking on site and a staff share plan
- Career progression and succession opportunities into more senior group strategy positions, divisional strategy teams or project roles across the business
- An exciting career with opportunity to progress into line management or corporate/divisional strategy management role
F. How to apply
- Fill in our application form with the reference “Senior Strategy Manager Retail 0718″.
- We will get back to you in under 24 hours (weekends excluded).